Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Little Trooper (Pooper)

My little Henry has been sick this past week. He has had diarrhea since Sat. and on Wed. night his belly blew up so big his inny belly button became an outie! Of course I notice this right before it is time for me to leave for work. So of course I had to call Debbie (our baby nurse) Jen and Sarah know what I'm talking about. I am sure she probably thinks not another question, why do you think I know everything about kids?! Well sister you have 4 and you are a great mom and nurse. Her advise was to call the doctor. I talked to a nurse who asked if he was crying or pulling his knees up and I said no, so she said it is normal for kids with stomach viruses to get bloated because they don't know how to get rid of the gas. She said I could make an appointment for in the morn if I wanted to, I decided we would just watch him and see how he was in the morn. I put him to bed on his belly and rubbed his back a little and he was almost asleep by the time I left for work. So off to work I went feeling bad leaving a sick baby ;'( About 10:30 I got a call from Richard saying that Henry threw up and that he had gave him a hot shower and put him back to bed and he was sleeping peacefully. Richard said the night went ok but with about 4 diaper changes. He has done much better today just some diarrhea a few times this morn and once this eve. Through all of this you would not know that Henry has been sick other than the diarrhea and not wanting to eat much the last couple of days he is still his HAPPY self. The only bad part last night and today has been changing his diaper. He has diaper rash so bad it is almost bleeding so we have just been standing him in the tub and rinsing him off. That has been the only time he has cried this whole week. He sure doesn't act like a normal man when he is sick you know all whinny and all. But I am not complaining about it that's for sure. I know how blessed I am with such a happy child.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I just love having our own nurse Deer Debbie. What would we ever do without her! I hope Henry is feeling better. See you soon!
Jen

jscotter2007 said...

Awe! I hope it doesn't last to long. I hated it the first time Christopher had bad diaper rash because he wouldnt even let water touch him.

Deb said...

Hey now, you know that I don't know EVERYTHING! I have questions, too!