Monday, March 23, 2009

To the Dentist we go....

I got up early this morning to call and make a dentist appointment for Henry. I first called my dentist to see if they could recommend a pediatric dentist and they recommended Dr. Love (no I am not joking this is his real name)! I gave Dr Love's office a call and kept getting an answering machine giving me their hours and a something about billing and emergencies, nothing about scheduling an appointment. I hung up and called back and then realized that they did not open until 9 and it was only a little after 8 so I waited until after nine and still got the same message. I then decided to call the dentist that the ER had recommended. When I called they said they could work me in and that I may have to wait because I was a work in. They told me to come in at 1 and fill out paperwork and by the way we go to lunch from 2-3 and it will be $350 for the dentist to just see you! I said ok because I was not sure I could get into any other dentist and was still unable to get to speak to anyone at Dr Love's office. I called my dentist back to make sure there was not another number for them but they said no. I tried one more time this time someone answered the phone and asked if I could come wright away and that it would be $60 for the dentist to see me and $40 if they took an x-ray I said I will be wright there. Oh yeah did I mention that Dr Love is at the beach and the other dentist is in town. So I called the first dentist back and told them that I wanted to cancel. They put me on hold and when they came back on the line they asked why I was canceling I said because I found a lot cheaper dentist and they were at the beach where I live. They just said ok.
We waited probably about 15 20 min and the dentist came and took a look and told me all the things that could happen to Henry's tooth 1. it could turn grey from damage 2. it could get knocked lose again and fall out, and 3. it could also get infected. Then he said since Henry was such a good patient they would try and do an x-ray. They had me sit in the chair with Henry on my lap and they took one x-ray. He did great only cried when they put the film in his mouth. The x-ray showed that the one tooth was pushed up to his permanent tooth and there could be some damage but we will not know until it comes in. If so it will probably be an easy fix just a little bond needed. The dentist said there really is not much to do but watch it and follow back up in 2 weeks.

0 comments: